Blog & FAQs
What All Other Acai Based Products Aspire To Be!
CAOH® has been expertly producing Acai Max® since 2004. Acai Max® is a registered Trademark of California Academy of Health®.
Acai Max® contains five of the world’s top “superfruits”:
- Organic Acai Berry (Ethically Harvested in the Amazon Rain Forest - 60% by Volume)
- Organic Camu Camu (Ethically Harvested in the Amazon Rain Forest)
- Organic Pomegranate
- Organic Red Raspberry
- Organic Black Elderberry
Why USDA Certified Organic?
Important: Why is it important that our Acai be certified organic? First of all, it guarantees that you are getting a product that is free of additives, chemicals and preservatives. Secondly, because buying certified organic Acai ensures that you are actually getting real Acai. We have been selling Acai for about 6 years, and since the recent media focus on Acai it has increased in popularity. It has also increased the number of Acai products on the market and many of them are not pure Acai or may not even contain Acai. Buying certified organic Acai ensures that you are buying the real thing at its best!
Our Special Organic Acai Juice Pricing:
1 to 2 bottles: $29.95 per bottle
3 Pack: Save $10.00. Just order 3 (32 oz) bottles and the discounted total in the shopping cart will be $79.98 (Only $26.66 per bottle)!
6 Pack: Get 1 bottle free (save $29.95). Just order 6 (32 oz) bottles and the discounted total in the shopping cart will be $149.75 ($24.95 per bottle) - this equals 5 bottles (at full price) + 1 bottle free!
Meeting USDA-NOP National Organic Standards
Tested for Pesticides
Tested for Chemicals
Ask yourself, is our competition?
Certified Organic by: Organic Certifiers
Acai Max® is a registered trademark of California Academy of Health
Important: Acai is not a diet product! There are several companies that are making claims on the web offering free samples with paid shipping, which then enrolls you in an expensive repeat shipment subscription and equally expensive enrollment into a health advice program. Please know that these efforts are not associated with our Acai products.
Acai has many healthful properties but it is not a weight loss product. If you have questions please contact us at email@example.com. We will be more than happy to answer any of your questions.
A one ounce serving taken one to three times daily provides the potent antioxidant properties of pure acai berry with 5 other natural fruit juices resulting in a delicious-tasting, good-for-you juice supplement.
*** Important - Please Read ***
Dear Prospective and Returning Customers,
Acai Max® is without a doubt superior in all ways to other competing brands. This is not an MLM product or some reconstituted mix. Acai Max® has more pure acai in it than all leading brands.
Compare these competitive juices carefully. Read their labels carefully. It's all right there for your review. Most don't list how much and some contain as little as 10% Acai, and none are more than 40%.
We feel these other juices lack the craftsmanship, professional expertise and quality raw ingredients that it takes to produce an ultra-premium juice, like our Acai Max®.
California Academy of Health
Current Acai News
In our constant effort to provide you with the best and most eco-friendly products, we have traveled to the Amazon Rainforest to get a first-hand look at the acai and camu camu fields.
We just returned from a day trip along the Amazon River. We visited a collective acai farm outside of Belem, Brazil. This farm is part of a group called POEMA and Bolsa Amazonia. This is a group that promotes eco-education and ethical business opportunities involving the natural resources of the Amazon, in a socially responsible and ecologically sound manner. They have an entire lab, at the The Federal University of Pará, dedicated to the research of acai and other indigenous fruits and plants.
We met with the directors of POEMA who introduced us to many new ideas and natural resources that are healthy, renewable, and sustainable - it was truly enlightening. We also visited a few unique small businesses in Belem that are producing hand-made, natural products that are incredibly beautiful and one of a kind. In the near future we will be sharing information on a variety of new Amazonian products that we will offer.
We have so much more to tell you about our trip, but we are off to another area and facility to see more acai and camu camu.
More Great Acai Berry Information:
- Acai (Euterpe oleracea) History, Harvesting and Use!
- Fun facts about acai berries and juice!
- More information on the Acai Berry!
Facts about the Acai Berry:
Acai Berry (Euterpe Oleracea): The acai berry or acai fruit (ah-sigh-ee) grows on acai palms in the Amazon Rainforest and is similar to a grape in size, shape and properties. Acai berries are considered to be one of the most nutritious (antioxidant) fruits of the Amazon Rainforest and the native peoples have been consuming the berries for hundreds, maybe even thousands of years. The acai berry itself is 88-90% seed and 10%-12% pulp and skin. Acai must be carefully harvested and processed before it can be made into a juice, as it is very sensitive to the effects of the sun after picking. Acai berries offer up a delicious tropical berry flavor and have an exceptional nutritional profile. Acai berries contain high levels of antioxidants (polyphenols), essential fatty acids (healthy fats), amino acids, fiber, minerals (iron and calcium), vitamins (B and E), and a plethora of beneficial phytonutrients like resveratrol and anthocyanins. Acai berries also have one of the highest ORAC values of any known edible berry and 33 times more health promoting anthocyanins than red grapes.
Everyday the popularity of acai grows. There have been major network news stories on CNN, NBC and CBS. Articles have been written-up in the New York Times, Newsweek and Vogue reporting the health benefits of acai. Both Nicholas Perricone MD and Oprah Winfrey have touted the berries healthful qualities on TV and print.
What benefits may I experience from Acai Max®?
- Stronger Immune System
- Improved Digestion and Elimination
- Improved Mental Clarity
- Improved Energy and Endurance
- More Restful Sleep
- Cleansing and Detoxifying of your body
Acai berries are composed of these substances:
1. Amino Acids: Acai berries contain an almost perfect essential amino acid complex. Amino acids present are: tryptophan, threonine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, cystine, phenylalanine, tyrosine, valine, arginine, histidine, alanine, aspartic acid, glutamic acid, Glycine, proline, serine, hydroxyproline (1-4% total protein). Amino Acids are vital for proper muscle contraction, regeneration, endurance, strength, sustained energy and muscle development. Amino Acids are also used by the liver for detoxification and in the formation of immune complexes.
2. Phytosterols: Beta Sitosterol is the primary plant sterol, also known as a phytosterol in the acai berry. Plant sterols or phytosterols are common components of plant foods, especially plant oils, seeds and nuts, grains and beans. Clinical studies have confirmed the efficacy of beta sitosterol in lowering plasma LDL levels and improving urinary symptoms related to prostate enlargement. Beta Sitosterol has also been studied in the areas of cancer treatment and prevention.
3. Antioxidants: are intimately involved in the prevention of cellular damage -- the common pathway for cancer, aging, and a variety of diseases. This pathway is caused by, “Free Radicals.” Free radicals are atoms or groups of atoms with an odd (unpaired) number of electrons and can be formed when oxygen interacts with certain molecules. Once formed these highly reactive radicals can start a chain reaction, like dominoes. Their chief danger comes from the damage they can do when they react with important cellular components such as DNA, or the cell membrane. Cells may function poorly or die if this occurs. To prevent free radical damage the body uses a defense system of antioxidants. Common antioxidants are vitamins C, E, and beta-carotene.
Absolute Acai™ possesses Two potent antioxidants: (1) Anthocyanins and (2) Vitamin E.
Anthocyanins: Widely distributed among flowers, fruits, and vegetables, anthocyanins belong to a group of plant compounds called flavonoids. Flavonoids are a subclass of plant polyphenols that may have antioxidant abilities and are being studied for their anticancer potential. Currently under investigation for their ability to inhibit LDL (the "bad") cholesterol, prevent blood clotting, and defend cells against dangerous carcinogens, anthocyanins may prove to be significant compounds in achieving overall vitality and human health.
The polyphenol composition of acai berries contain: cyanidin 3-O-glucoside and cyanidin 3-Orutinoside as the major anthocyanin compounds. Acai also contains a few other trace-compounds, that I am sure will be found to possess wonderful qualities. These are: deoxyhexose, homoorientin, isovitexin, orientin, and taxifolin.
Vitamin E: Natural vitamin E exists in eight different forms, four tocopherols and four tocotrienols. Alpha-Tocopherol being recognized as the most active form of vitamin E in humans, and is a powerful biological antioxidant. “Vitamin E and its isomers (forms) can help increase the oxygen carrying capacity of the blood, neutralize singlet oxygen (free radical), increase cell membrane integrity and reduce the risk of certain cancers, Alzheimer’s disease, heart disease, cataracts and Parkinson’s disease.” (Marcus Ettinger DC, BSc.)
Deficiencies of antioxidants may cause:
- Cardiovascular Disease (heart attack, stroke)
- Premature Aging (wrinkles, Alzheimer’s)
- Degenerative Disease (arthritis)
4. Essential Fatty Acids: Acai Berries have two of the three so called, Essential Fatty Acids or (EFA’s), Omega 6 (Linoleic Acid) and Omega 9 (Oleic Acid). They are essential because the body can not manufacture them on its own; EFA’s must be consumed via food. “The overall quality of our health and life is directly proportional to the levels of EFA’s in our bodies” (Dr. E). The EFA profile of the Acai berry closely resembles that of olive oil. Olive oil has been linked to the low incidences of cardiovascular disease (lowering cholesterol, triglyceride and LDL levels) and cancer in those consuming, “The Mediterranean Diet.”
Deficiencies of EFA’s can cause:
- Eczema-like skin eruptions
- Loss of hair
- Liver degeneration
- Behavioral disturbances
- Kidney degeneration
- Excessive sweating accompanied by thirst
- Drying up of glands
- Susceptibility to infections
- Failure of wound healing
- Sterility in males
- Miscarriage in females
- Arthritis-like conditions
- Heart and circulatory problems
- Growth retardation
- Motor uncoordination
5. Minerals: Acai berries contain a variety of minerals such as, calcium, iron, and phosphorus along with trace minerals such as, chromium, cobalt, copper, molybdenum.
Dietary minerals are the chemical elements required by living organisms, other than the four elements Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen, and Carbon which are ubiquitous in organic molecules. Appropriate intake levels of each dietary mineral must be sustained to maintain physical health.
- Calcium is an important component of a healthy diet. A deficit can affect bone and teeth formation. Vitamin D is needed to absorb calcium.
- Iron is essential to all organisms, except for a few bacteria. Iron is the primary component in the (heme complex) portion of hemoglobin, the oxygen carrying fraction of blood.
- Phosphorus is a key element in all known forms of life. Inorganic phosphorus in the form of the phosphate (PO43-) plays a major role in biological molecules such as DNA and RNA where it forms part of the structural backbone of these molecules. Living cells also utilize phosphate to transport cellular energy via adenosine triphosphate (ATP). Nearly every cellular process that uses energy gets it in the form of ATP.
- Chromium is required in trace amounts for sugar metabolism in humans, and its deficiency can possibly predispose an individual to develop type II diabetes.
- Cobalt is a central component of the vitamin cobalamin, or vitamin B-12. A deficiency can lead to specific type of anemia called pernicious anemia. It is most often seen in alcoholics.
- Copper is essential in all higher plants and animals. Copper is found in a variety of enzymes, including the copper centers of cytochrome-c oxidase and the enzyme and potent antioxidant superoxide dismutase.
- Molybdenum is an essential trace element that plays an important role in many enzymatic reactions. In humans, the active biological form of molybdenum is known as the molybdenum cofactor “Moco”. Moco is a cofactor in four human enzymes: xanthine dehydrogenase, xanthine oxidase, sulfite oxidase, and aldehyde oxidase.
Nutrition Facts#Serving Size: One (1) Fluid Once (30 ml)
Servings Per Container: 32 (946 ml)
|Acai Max® 100% Fruit Juice||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Acai Juice (Euterpe Oleracea) Fruit Extract||18 ml||**|
|Acai Fruit (Euterpe Oleracea) Fruit Solid||8000 mg||**|
|Calories (Not From Fat)||19|
|Total Carbohydrates||4 g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g||0%|
|Vitamin C||60 mg||100%|
# These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Acai Max® Ingredients:
Wild harvested organic Amazonian acai berries (Euterpe oleracea) (Pure Acai 60 % by Volume) with organic pomegranate (Punica granatum), organic red raspberry (Rubus idaeus), organic Amazonian camu-camu fruit (Myrciaria dubia), organic black elderberry (Sambucus nigra), and Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) (Blend 40% by Volume).
Contains no added sugar, artificial colors or flavors.
Shake gently before opening. As a dietary supplement, take 2-4 tablespoons (1-2 oz.) or more in the morning and/or evening before meals. The juice may be mixed with water, another juice, or in a smoothie. Please refrigerate after opening.
This formula does not contain preservatives, solvents, additives, fillers, yeast, wheat, corn, soy or milk. Always consult with a healthcare professional before using any nutritional supplement or starting any nutritional program. Do not use this product if you have a known allergy to any of the ingredients contained in this product.
Expiration date is approximately 2 years
Recommend using product within 90 days of opening.
California Academy of Health® - CAOH®
Liquid Power Multi-V™ - Goji Fusion® - Absolute Goji™ - Absolute Acai™ - Acai-Max®
Absolute Mangosteen™ - Mangosteen Elixir® - Maqui Max™
Totally Nude Noni Juice™ - Almost Nude Noni Juice™