The pomegranate has recently been acclaimed for its health benefits, in particular, for its disease-fighting antioxidant potential.Preliminary studies suggest that pomegranate juice may contain almost three times the total antioxidant ability compared with the same quantity of green tea or red wine. Our Pomegranate extract is standardized and contains the important polyphenols found in pomegranates: ellagic acid, gallic acid, and punicalagin.
Note: These three compounds are potent antioxidants which promote health by destroying cell-damaging free radicals. Free radicals can lead to oxidative stress and the accelerated aging of cells, thus leading to premature cell death. Pomegranate juice also contains other potent antioxidants like anthocyanins and tannins.
Our Pomegranate Juice Concentrate is made from the California Wonderful variety of pomegranate, which is 4 times more concentrated in antioxidants than other pomegranate varieties. Only 1-2 tablespoons per day are necessary to capture pomegranate s unique health benefits.
The Pomegranate (Punica granatum) has long been recognized as a fruit with many beneficial healthful properties. Pomegranate tops the list among conventional fruits, including blueberry and strawberry, in its ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) value. This fact makes pomegranate one of the most powerful antioxidant fruits on the planet.*
Clinical studies have shown that pomegranate juice:
- Decreases low density lipoprotein (LDL) oxidation*
- Enhances cellular (macrophage) glutathione*
- Helps maintain normal platelet activity*
- Reduces activity of angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) and supports normal vascular contraction*
- Promotes normal cell function and replication*
- Naturally helps keep your circulatory system healthy*
- Naturally contains antioxidants which help neutralize free radicals that may damage cells*
- Promotes cardiovascular health*
- Naturally boosts antioxidant defenses*
- Ellagic acid has the ability to inhibit mutations within a cell's DNA*
- Ellagic acid is considered to be a cancer inhibitor - the ability to cause apoptosis or normal cell death in cancer cells*
- In addition, research has found that ellagic acid has antibacterial and anti-viral properties*
Our 5:1Pomegranate Juice Concentrate Is:
- 100% Natural Processing
- Certified Kosher
- Certified Vegetarian
- Tested for Pesticides
- Tested for Chemicals
- Uses Whole Ripened California Pomegranates
- Independent Quality Tested (before and after bottling)
- 5:1 Concentrate - No Added Water or Sugar
- High ORAC Value with Ellagic Acid!
- Produced in an FDA Inspected & Certified Organic Lab.
Natural Pomegranate juice is as refreshing as it is mystical. Known for their high potency of antioxidants, pomegranates have thrived for centuries as the fruit of choice for kings and nobles. The history of the cultivated pomegranate begins around 3000 B.C. when it was one of the first domesticated crops in recorded history. The pomegranate, fig, olive, grapes and dates have the earliest recording of a domesticated crop. The pomegranate was used then in many healthful ways, as it is today, and was featured in Egyptian mythology and art, and praised in the Old Testament of the Bible and the Babylonian Talmud. In ancient Egypt, pomegranates were a symbol of safe passage into the next life and were found placed near treasures of King Tutankhamen. In Medieval textile motifs, the pomegranate is the symbol of Spain, and a crowned pomegranate was the personal badge of Catherine of Aragon.